Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another SCS color challenge


When I saw this weeks color challenge on SCS, I knew I had to do this one. I have a very very hard time using YoYo Yellow, but combined with Basic Gray and Going Gray, I knew this could work.

The first stamp set I thought of was this one called 'Beautiful Life' because of the daffodils. I didn't have any Going Gray cardstock any more because it had retired, but I still had the ink, which is still current.

I used Basic Gray for the main card and a piece of Whisper White stamped with the Canvas background in Going Gray on the bottom. I then stamped the first part of the stems in Going Gray and the overlay in Basic Gray. The flowers are all stamped in Basic Gray and the overlay in YoYo Yellow.

The top view flower I punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch, adhered it to a piece of Basic Gray punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch and then adhered them both to a piece of Yoyo Yellow punched with the Scallop circle punch. I then adhered it with dimensionals.

The ribbon is the Basic Gray Taffeta. And I dry embossed some circles down the side with my crop-a-dile and paper piercing template to get them straight.

I think I could use this color combination again real soon. I really like how this turned out. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: