Monday, March 24, 2008

TLC 161

I haven't done a challenge from Splitcoast Stampers in a while, and I thought it was time to get a little motivated again. So this weeks challenge was a Flap Fold Card. It showed to make the card 3 1/2 x 10 3/8", but I decided to make it 5" x 10 3/8" and fold it in the same place. I also changed the flap. It showed to round it off, but I left it square and beveled the edges.

Here is what I came up with:



And this is the inside:



Supplies used are:
Not Quite Navy card stock and classic ink
Western Sky designer series paper
Ruby Red card stock
River Rock card stock
Whisper White card stock
Small and Large star punches
1 3/8" square punch (to bevel edges of flap)
Paper piercing tool
It's Your Birthday stamp set
Tombow Multi purpose glue
Dimensionals

The main piece is 5" x 10 3/8" and scored at 4 1/4" and 8 1/2". I used the 1 3/8" square punch to cut off each corner of the flap.

I punched small stars out of the Ruby Red card stock then punched the large star out over the small stars. I adhered small River Rock stars over the large stars using dimensionals.

It called for a magnetic closer on the original instructions. Well I wasn't going to go out and try to find them. Our new Tombow Multi-purpose adhesive does the trick. If you put some on the flap and let it dry, it becomes a removable adhesive. It holds the flap down, but comes up without ripping the card stock when it is opened. It's great stuff!

I thought this would make a great birthday card, so I just used the It's Your Birthday set.

Hope you like it! Thanks for stopping!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Wow! What a great idea for a flap card, especially using the Tombow that way. I will certainly be mentioning that in my demonstrations!
LeAnne