Monday, May 26, 2008

May Stamp Club

Sorry I haven't been around lately. It's hard getting adjusted working full time again and running a household, but I thought I would show you what we did at last weeks stamp club. I gave a sneek peek a while back.



No stamping! This was a fun project. We just used both size oval punches (for the flowers), the 1" circle punch, the 3/4" circle punch (for the center of the flowers)and the 5-petal flower punch (for the leaves). Add some strips of scrap paper for the stems and some other background decorating. Some DSP and you have a beautiful scrapbook page.

I got this idea from a fellow demonstrator. Thanks Kim! My stamp clubbers loved it! A lot of my clubbers are scrapbookers so they enjoyed it. It was a nice way to see some other uses for some of Stampin'Up!'s punches.

The squares of DSP measure 5 3/4" x 5 3/4", matted on to 6x6 pieces of card stock. You can get 4 out of a 12x12 sheet of card stock. A 4x6 photo will easily go on there and still have space for journaling under the photo.

I decided to change the colors ever so slightly and use Kraft for the background. A full 8 1/2 x 11 piece of Regal Rose card stock was attached to that to add some more color. The other colors used are: So Saffron DSP, Rose Red DSP, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, So Saffron and Whisper White. The colors could easily be changed. The ideas are endless!

I would love to see some ideas from everyone else on how you use StampinUp punches. Whether it is on cards, 3-D items or scrapbook pages. Just leave a comment and link to your blog or pictures.

Thanks for stopping today!

No comments: