Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January Stamp Club

Here is what we will be making at stamp club this month. I really wanted to push the Love You Much bundle, being that it is still available until the end of January.



I couldn't find a card idea that I liked, so I came up with my own. I wanted to highlight the Candy Lane DSP that comes in the bundle and of course the Heart to Heart punch. And I know my stamp clubbers love the scallop edge punch, but are scared to use it, so I thought they might need the practise, so incorporated that into the card also.

I hate throwing away punched out pieces, so I added them back to the card. The largest heart I wanted to put over the 'O' but didn't like seeing the lines behind it, so I punched out a 3/4" circle in Close to Cocoa card stock and covered the 'O' up first then added the heart. The smallest heart didn't quite cover up the flower, so I added it to a Riding Hood red button, which covered up the flower nicely. The other punched heart is in the inside of the card. (sorry I forgot to take a picture of it, but you get the idea.)

I didn't want the flower to show, or use really any pink on the card or treat box, because this would make a great gift for a hubby or boyfriend.



The instructions for this box came from Andrea Walford, (thanks Andrea) and I decided to make it out of Close to Cocoa card stock. (Again sticking with the guy thing). I did use acetate for the cover, because I wanted whoever the recipient is to see what is inside. The scallop stamp is stamped in Close to Cocoa onto Riding Hood Red cardstock and punched out with the scallop circle punch. It is again stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock and just the center is punched out using the 1 1/4" circle punch. The center heart is colored in using the Ruby Red marker (looks pretty darn close to Riding Hood Red, besides the guys won't even notice)!

Tie it up with the striped Riding Hood Red ribbon and viola', your man will love it!

Thanks for stopping today!

No comments: