Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Birthday card


Earlier this year I decided to sign up to be a mentor through my church. Well I am mentoring a young lady in the 4th grade. When I started asking her some questions about herself, she told me she was a Valentine's Day baby. Here is the card I came up with for her. I knew I wanted to use the Simple Birthday Thanks cupcake for her card.

The bottom of the cupcake is using retired DSP that I stamped the image on the back side, cut out and ran through the crimper. I punched a large heart out using Rose Red card stock and the new large heart punch. I punched a slot in it and ran white grosgrain ribbon through it and around the cupcake.

The frosting part is a piece of Regal Rose. After I stamped the image and cut it out, I ran it through the bigshot along with a cuttlebug folder to get the swirls. I punched out little hearts using White and Rose Red card stock and the heart to heart punch for the sprinkles. I then pieced the cherry with Rose Red also.

I used two different sentiments for the greeting and there you have it, a really cute Valentine's Birthday card!

No comments: