Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break vacation and a Not Quite Navy wedding card

Sorry I've been missing in action for the last week or so. With the kids being on spring break, I tried to devote as much time to them as I could which was pretty much all of it.

We did however surprise the kids on Thursday and took them to an indoor waterpark for 3 days and 2 nights south of us in Indiana. They never realized what was going on until we pulled into the parking lot of the hotel! Here's a picture of my husband and son coming out of one of the big slides together:



I know it's hard to see them with all the water, but oh did my son get soaked!

Any way, on to some stamping. Here is a wedding card I did using some of the polka dot vellum card stock from the Taste of Textiles pack, Whisper White card stock and the Pretties Kit.



I also used the Whisper White Organza ribbon and the Elegant Cheer stamp set. I colored the flower from the pretties kit using the Stampin' Write marker in Not Quite Navy.

When you open it up you can see I used the new Pop-Up cake die for the Sizzix Bigshot. I am really loving this die. I did the cake in Whisper White along with the bride and groom (which by the way is part of the die). Before I put the cake together I cut strips from the vellum to wrap around the cake pieces and border punched them with the Eyelet Border punch. I colored some of the small flowers from the pretties kit using the Stampin' Write marker and adhered them using mini glue dots to the cake.



Here is a close up of the bride and groom. As you can see I went back and cut a piece of Not Quite Navy card stock for the grooms tux. I cut a little slit at the neck and folded it back to reveal his crisp white shirt. I also added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the brides veil.



I hope I gave you some inspiration. With the wedding season approaching, wouldn't you love to make a card like this. If you would like to order this die or others, please visit my website and order online at any time.

Thanks for stopping today!

No comments: