Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cardstock jewelry?

Yes you heard that right, jewelry made from card stock. This is something that Shelli Gardner, CEO and co-founder of Stampin'Up! showed us up on stage at convention this year. I copied a pair that she showed us and then made a cute matchbook holder to carry them in, which she showed us also. Check it out:


This is the matchbook open to reveal the earrings. I punched the earrings out using first the 3/4" circle punch then the 1 3/8" circle punch. I then stamped the image in versamark and heat embossed using black embossing powder. The rhinestones are from the clear rhinestone brads which I took apart. There are two on each earring. I bought the earring hardware at a local craft store and viola', quick custom jewelry for any occasion!

Here is a picture of the front of the matchbook:

The black polka dotted paper is part of a pack of designer series paper found in the upcoming Holiday mini catalog. It's all black and white.

I can't wait to try other colors and make them to match any outfit I own! WOW the possibilities are endless!!!

No comments: