Friday, November 13, 2009

Tree in a Gift Box






I saw this on another demonstrators blog and just had to try it. I've had the Christmas Tree pop up die for forever and haven't even used it yet.

All four sides of her box fall down when you take the cover off. I changed mine so only two sides fall down. It makes it look like there is a wall behind the christmas tree.

The designer series paper used is from the holiday mini called Christmas Cocoa. The tree is cut from Whisper White and each piece is embossed with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing Sizzix folder which is also from the holiday mini. The star is cut from the tree decorations sizzlit die.

I made a tree skirt using the medium size scallop circle bigz die and some of the DSP. I also attached an envelope cut from the exclusive scallop envelope bigz die to hold a gift card. That is stamped using the Serene Snowflake stamp set and Soft Suede classic ink.

On the other flap, I added a sentiment stamped from the Many Merry Messages stamp set found in the main catalog.

I made the lid from some more of the DSP and added some White Organza ribbon. I also stamped a gift tag using the Delightful Decorations stamp set and punched with the new ornament punch along with a snowflake punched piece and tied with silver cord.

I plan to sell these at my craft show tomorrow. Let me know what you think. I LOVE comments!

If you would like to learn how to make one of these, I will be having a class. Stay tuned for a date.

No comments: