Monday, May 17, 2010

Quilted Wine Bag

The weekend of Mother's Day, my upline and friend Jackie had her annual spring seminar. One of the things she was highlighting this year was the quilting you can do with the bigshot. She had Jill Olsen, her upline, here from Utah to talk about quilting. She is a fabulous quilter.

Well Jackie asked me if I would make a bunch of purses in different shapes and sizes with different features on all of them to give away as door prizes.

Here is one of the items I made -- a wine bag.

This uses 26 scallop squares cut out using the bigshot and the exclusive clear scallop square bigz die. Inside this bag I used some plastic also cut with the die to keep the bag from getting wet if the bottle of wine was perspiring.

I used a strip of fabric and 2 different colors of satin ribbon and braided them together to make the handle.

The flower on the front was made with a strip of fabric. I basted one side and gathered it. It is being held on with one of Stampin'Up's large chocolate chip brads.




Here's a closer look at the flower. With this being held on with a brad, it can easily be removed so the bag can be washed.

Come back tomorrow and see another wine bag I made using a different fabric. These make wonderful gifts with or without the wine. You can put one of these together in less than an hour.

No comments: