Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ornament Punch Tea Light Rose


Isn't this gorgeous? I have been seeing these in cyber land and finally decided to try some. This is made using the Ornament punch!!! Even the leaves!!! It uses 17 punched ornaments for the rose and 2 for the leaves. You could do more leaves, but I just stuck to 2. The candle is battery operated and I found them at the dollar store. BONUS!!!

The whole thing is held together with the Tombow glue. Love how that stuff works. The middle piece with the candle is not stuck down tight. When you use the Tombow glue and let it dry, it is removable. So I put some on the bottom of the candle, let it dry and now I can lift the candle piece off and turn the light on and off without ripping the paper.

To give you a feel of how big this is, I mounted everything on to a circle punched my new 2 1/2" circle punch and the petals are sticking out from that.

After it was all put together, I stuck this baby into my smooch pray box and smooched it with my Vanilla smooch spritz. Below you can see the sparkle with the tea light turned on.

This is a project I would love to come and show you how to make. If you would like to get together with friends and family, I would love to come show everyone!!

I hope you enjoyed this project. I will be making a bunch more of these and will be selling them at a craft show I am participating in on November 13. I will have these in many different colors. Come back tomorrow for another item I will be making for the craft show.

No comments: