Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gently Falling



I know I haven't posted in quite a while and I apologize for that. But I have an excuse. I got a new job working at an hunting/camping/fishing store and with the hunting season closing in on us, I have been working many many hours.

Today I was lucky and got a day off so I was able to stamp. Of course I have stamp club tonight and really needed to create something for them to do.

Looking through ideas I found a card that really caught my eye and I just knew that my clubbers could create this also:

I love how this card showcases a lot of the different designer series paper patterns from the Spice Cake collection. As you can see I did some paper weaving with the strips.

The leaf image is stamped using the rock n roll technique and isn't that button the bomb?!!

Other product used:

Stamps - Gently Falling, Petite Pairs
Paper - Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Spice Cake DSP
Ink - Pear Pizzazz, More Mustard, Soft Suede
Accessories - Spice Cake Jumbo Buttons, Hemp Twine, Modern Label punch, Sponge, Stampin Dimensionals

I do have to thank Lynn Pratt - a fellow demonstrator - for the inspiration of this card.

Also looking through sample ideas, I have been seeing a cute box made from the Milk Carton die, that I found out someone at StampinUp Convention demonstrated making. So of course I thought this would be really cute to go along with the above card for tonight:

This is a 6-sided box. I used the Spice Cake DSP again and also the Pear Pizzazz card stock. I stamped a couple of the different leaves from the Gently Falling set using the rock n roll technique again and cut those out, punched a hole and put the hemp twine through those to hold them on. I love how easy this box went together also.

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you found inspiration and I hope my stamp club gals enjoy these projects tonight!

No comments: