Friday, January 25, 2008

Check out this good deal!!

This is a bowl I found at Walmart after Christmas. Remember everything is 50% off so I grabbed what was left on the shelf for $.25 each!!! They are plastic.



What I didn't like about it was the santas, but that was easy enough to cover up. I made a template for a strip of designer paper to be taped on. Regular mono adhesive works great. So here is what I came up with:



Using the crop-a-dile, I was able to embellish it with brads. The crop-a-dile went through the plastic like it was butter!

I then stamped, embossed and cut out some hearts and flowers from the Forever in my Heart set to embellish some more. Here is a close up:



The leaves are punched 5-petal flowers, cut up. I adhered with dimensionals.

I then cut strips of Regal Rose, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock and put them through my crimper. Then I ran them through the paper shredder to use for the inside of the bowl and then filled a large cello bag with valentine candy, tied it with a real red ribbon bow and Viola!!

These would also be cute for a Christmas bowl with Poinsettias on.

No comments: