Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dahlia fold origami box



I have been trying the challenges alot from SCS (Splitcoaststampers). They seem to inspire me lately.

Here is the Technique Lovers challenge from Monday. It was to make a Dahlia fold flower. I used the scallop circle punch to make mine and put it on top of a Origami fold box.

I used Natural white cardstock for the bottom of the box and Cutie pie designer series paper for the top and for the flower. It called for 8 punched circles but I ended up using 9. I stamped a flower from the Ginormous Flowers stamp set, punched with the 1" circle punch and layered onto a 1 1/4" circle punched piece of Cameo Coral and a 1 3/8" circle punched piece of Ruby Red. I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter with the 2-way glue pen and a large round Fire rinestone brad to the top. Next time I think I will add ribbon to the box top before I ahdere the flower.

This was alot of fun to make but very time consuming.

Let me know what you think! Have a great day!

1 comment:

J-me said...

Looks like alot of work! But fun. You did a great job.