Friday, February 1, 2008

Another Pretty Amazing card



When you signed up for the Klompenstampers Spring Seminar, you were to send in a card for display, then you would get your name in on a door prize drawing. This is the card I made for the display.

(For those of you going to the seminar, just ignore my card when taking pictures, because you've seen it already, sorry)

I love this new set called 'Pretty Amazing'. It's really different than a lot of the other stamps StampinUp! has produced because it combines solid and line stamps together in one set. But I'm liking how they are working together.

This card used the Ginger Blossoms designer series paper. It is matted on River Rock, then on a card base of Ruby Red. The flower is inked up with Regal Rose and rolled in Ruby Red to give it that darker outside color. There is a Ruby Red button adhered in the middle with a glue dot. The hummingbird is stamped with Basic Gray, colored in with River Rock and an aquapainter. I used 2-way glue to put Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the bird.

I punched out River Rock using the Photo Corner punch and draw lines on it with the White Gel Pen. I stamped the sentiment in Ruby Red on River Rock and punched out using the Key Tag punch and cut off just a slight bit on one end so it would lay flat up against the side of the card, drew stitching with the gel pen again, and adhered with dimensionals.

The main image is matted with River Rock and Ruby Red. And lastly, I used the River Rock stitched ribbon.

Let me know what you think! Thanks for looking.

No comments: