Friday, February 15, 2008

My Bloomin' Beautiful swap card


I am hostessing a swap for the Occasions mini catalog with my Stampin' group. I wasn't going to post this until after the swaps have been sent out, but I couldn't wait. I love how this one turned out. Very demonstratable I think.

This one uses the new designer series paper from the Occasions mini called "Afternoon Tea' which has Chocolate chip, Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi and Soft Sky in it. I choose to use the Groovy Guava as my main card piece because it's a very springy color. And I thought the flowers would look beautiful in the guava also, so using an aquapainter and reinker, I colored all of them (24 of them to be exact). The leaves are the Wild Wasabi and the pot is Chocolate Chip, all colored the same way. The flowers needed something, so I used the White gel pen to 'dot' the centers.

Stamp 'bloom' in Chocolate Chip, matt on Chocolate Chip cardstock, both punched with the oval punches, tie a piece of Stitched Wasabi ribbon on and Viola, a simple yet elegant card.

No comments: