Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sweetest Thing candy jar


You never know what you are going to find at a second hand store. I had never been in the second hand store near our house, but a friend told me she goes in there quite a bit. Well the other day I decided to see what it was like. I went in just to browse, and came out with a lot of good finds. One of them being this candy jar. I liked it because of the unique lines at the top and bottom of the jar. I have seen so many jars with the rub-ons on them, I thought I would give it a try, and this is what I came up with.

I used the Eastern Elegance rub-ons to make this cute Valentine's candy jar.


Here's a close up of the front. The white just pops on this jar when you fill it with the candy.





I decided to use a few pieces of the rub-ons on the back.








Here's a close up of the back. The rub-ons come in black also, which I think would look great on a frosted jar.




Here's a close up of the tag. I used the tag from the 'Happy Heart Day' stamp set, because I plan on giving this to someone for Valentine's day. And of course I had to use the new striped Real Red ribbon. But this jar could be used for any time of year, just add a different tag and different color ribbon.

No comments: