Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another craft show item


This is another craft show item. I found these at Kohl's at their after Christmas sale. I thought this was kind of unique being a square candle instead of round, which I see all the time. So I thought I would give it a try.

This one is a Pine scent and is very dark Hunter Green. I found this paper in my stash of retired StampinUp papers and it had a little square of green on it that matched the candle. Perfect!

As I wrapped a 12" strip of paper around it, it didn't fit, so I did have to piece it in the back, but I matched up the pattern good and you hardly notice it. I did use a little of the Anywhere Glue stick right on the glass to adhered it in places so it wouldn't move when the candle was picked up.

So what do I do on the front of it, I asked myself. Well I have all this chipboard laying around, why not use some of that. Perfect. So I used one of the flowers from the On Board Blossoms & Basics set and 'painted' it with my Hunter craft ink pad. After letting that dry completely, I punched out a flower from the Brocade Blue cardstock using the 5-petal flower punch and adhered that to the front on the chipboard flower. I then punched a hole in it using my crop-a-dile and attached a jumbo brad. But it needed something else yet. So I added a large rhinestone brad from the 'Fire' collection.

I wrapped a piece of the 5/8" Brocade Blue grosgrain ribbon around the candle first then adhered the flowers using dimensionals to the front. But the top of the candle needed something. So I cut out a piece of coordinating designer paper using the coluzzle and adhered that using the Anywhere Glue stick. Now it was complete!

I did buy a few different colors of these, so hopefully I can get to some of those soon and will post my results. Thanks for looking!

No comments: