Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sticky Cut Letters Album


Isn't this just cool! I was playing around on google the other day, and came across a website that showed something like this and the first thing that popped into my head was 'sticky cut letters'. So I purchased them and the stack of Cosmo glitter and got busy.

I figured out the colors of each of the 5 glitters in the cosmo stack and found cardstock to match. The 'f & y' matched the Purely Pomegranate paper, the 'a' matched the Bashful Blue cardstock, the 'm' matched the Certainly Celery cardstock, the 'i' matched the Orchid Opulence cardstock, and the 'l' matched the Tempting Turquoise cardstock.

I measured the letters and found the height and cut my cardstock that wide. I started with 12" pieces and adhered the letters to the very edges of each piece. I cut the pieces along the edge of the right side of the letters. I then just matched up the letters as you see above and cut my cardstock down but left enough space at the end to put jumbo brads through to hold it together.

I then rubbed my embossing buddy over each letter and around each letter. Because of the fine glitter, this will help the glitter not stick to places you don't want it to.

Doing one letter at a time, I peeled off the red overlay and holding it over my powder pal, I poured glitter over the letters. WOW, these glitters are fantastic. They just sparkle. You don't have to press the glitter into the letters, they just stick. It covers wonderful.

After each letter is complete, I then punched holes using my crop-a-dile and attached the brads. Tie some ribbon through it and viola!

Here is another view of how it looks complete and how the pages sit:

No comments: