Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Carousel Notes clock


I saw this and really wanted to try it. I couldn't find who had done it, so I kind of figured it out myself.

This is using the retired Carousel notes that were in the Occasions mini catalog which ended Monday June 30. This one is Groovy Guava and using rub-ons. I used the Simple Serif Mini alphabet & numbers for the numbers.

I found the clocks at the dollar store and just took them apart. I poked a hole in the center with the large hole punch in the Crafter's tool kit and then just put the clock back together. I put sticky strip on the clock so it would stay on the back.

Using the 1/8" hole punch, I punched holes in every other scallop that wouldn't be used for numbers. It still needed something, so I used my CM circle cutter template and punched holes around it using the paper piercing tool.



For the next one I used a Wild Wasabi note. I cut a strip of East Coast Prep DSP for the center, and then added strips of other side of the piece, which is red, for the edges.

I then cut a piece of More Mustard using my CM circle cutter and attached that to the center. I cut a little bit smaller circle in Whisper White and stamped that using Wild Wasabi and the Polka Dot BG stamp. I dotted around the outside of the Mustard circle piece with the White Gel pen.

I colored the Pretties Kit flowers with the More Mustard marker and the Real Red marker.

I punched holes in the flowers with the crop-a-dile and punched a hole in the center of the note using the larger punch and hammer from the Crafter's tool kit.

I did the edge the same as the previous one. I really like how this one turned out, but I do have to adhere the flower petals down all the way, because the hands on the clock keep getting caught on them.

I think these would make very nice gifts for someone getting a new job, they could put them on their desk. I do however have to make some kind of stand for them that I could adhere on the back, or they could just sit in an eisle, like for a picture or decorative plate.

I hope you like what I did with these. Your comments are always welcome.

Thanks for stopping today!

No comments: