Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cracked Glass technique

I have seen this done so many times, but never have gotten around to doing it. But now I have joined a 'Boot Camp' for Stampin'Up! demonstrators, I needed to do a technique that I have never done before, so it forced me to do it.



This set is called 'A Cardinal Christmas' and it will be available to you on October 1st in the Holiday mini catalog.

I love to watercolor, even though I don't do it often enough, and this just begged to be watercolored. So out came the watercolor crayons, aquapainter and watercolor paper.

When I was all done coloring, I smeared Versamark all over the watercolor paper and poured on the Glassy Glaze embossing powder and heated it up. I did this step twice. Then I popped in the freezer for about 10 minutes. When I pulled it out, I just cracked it a little to give it that look. VERY easy! Why didn't I do this before!!!!

The card base is Whisper White. Always Artichoke is layed on top of that. Riding Hood Red is layered under the cardinal. I stamped the branches and the sentiment in Artichoke. The sentiment is punched with the Key tag punch, then pushed back in and punched smaller. It is layered on to a piece of Riding Hood red punched with the key tag punch also. The little piece of ribbon is the Riding Hood red striped ribbon.

The main image is mounted on to the card using dimensionals as is the sentiment.

This was a fun card to make and I will be using this technique again. Thanks for stopping today.

No comments: