Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cardinal Christmas card and another Big Cupcake card

I have a workshop this weekend and the hostess asked for a Christmas card using a set from the Holiday mini and a Birthday card using a set that is on sale this month for 20% off.

Here is a fairly simple card using the 'A Cardinal Christmas' set. I love to watercolor so this was an easy pick from the holiday mini. Using watercolor paper and the watercolor crayons, I used Ruby Red for the cardinal and berries. The leaves and stems are Always Artichoke and the beak and feet are using So Saffron. I blended everything with an aquapainter.

The ribbon is also found in the holiday mini. It's the new wide striped Riding Hood Red ribbon. Love this! It blends very well with Ruby Red.

I stamped the leaves on the Kraft card stock using Sahara Sand for a background. The sentiment is also found in the Cardinal set and that is stamped on watercolor paper and then punched with the large oval punch. This is layered on to Kraft punched with the 1 1/4" circle, then Always Artichoke punched with the 1 3/8" circle and then layered onto a piece of Ruby Red punched with the Scallop circle.

This is using the Simple Birthday Thanks set. I am loving this set more and more.

The base card stock is Riding Hood Red and I rounded the corners with the corner rounder. Gives it a whole new look then the average card.

I stamped the cupcake two times, once on Close to Cocoa card stock and once more on Pink Pirouette card stock. I cut out each piece. The cup part was flipped over, so you don't see the words, and run through the crimper. The frosting part was cut out and the dots were colored in using the Close to Cocoa marker and the cherry on top was colored in using the Ruby Red marker. That is popped up with dimensionals.

The sentiment comes from the Hugs & Wishes stamp set and punched out using the Wide oval punch. I punched a slot with the slot punch and tied a piece of Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon to it and mounted that using dimensionals also.

Hope my hostess likes these cards as much as I do. Thanks for stopping today!

No comments: