Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Noel Candles

These were inspired by an awesome demonstrator, Brenda Weaver, who was one of the Artisian Award winners this past year at Stampin'Up! convention.



She made hers using white candles, but I thought the silver would just add that much more sparkle. The swirl from the Barogue Motifs set is stamped using White craft ink onto tissue paper. It is then embossed using White embossing powder. I then trimed around he image fairly close and put it on the candle. Hold a piece of wax paper over the tissue paper and heat with the heat gun until you cannot see the tissue paper any more.

The letters are from the sticky cut letters with the chunky red glitter on them. I then punched out some of the small flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch using Pink Pirouette card stock and adhered them by pushing a silver brad into them and then into the candle.

I am giving these to my secret pal at church tonight. I have been giving her handmade items, plus non-handmade items all year and tonight I am going to reveal myself. I hope she likes them. She loves to scrapbook so of course I am giving her a Simply Scrappin kit also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh these are beautiful I am sure your friend will love them. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work. Blessings Renee