Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pop-up Flower Pot?

Today at Jackie Bolhuis' Spring Seminar I had to do a demonstration on using Sizzix dies for out-of-the-box projects. So I started thinking what I could do with the new pop-up cake die. I have seen some ideas out there, but wanted to come up with something myself. So I thought what if I turn the cake over? So I did and it looked like a flower pot. I added some stems and flowers also cut from dies and a piece of ribbon, adhered it to a 'plate' and viola' a cute center piece!



The only thing you can't do with it like this is fold it up. When it is used the way it is intended, it folds up into the one below it. Well with the larger piece on the top, that can't happen. But who cares, it's just too darn cute to fold up.

I hope I've inspired you in some way. I would love to hear from everyone on what you think of this. Thanks for stopping today and stay tuned for more to come.

No comments: