Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baby Girl Dress card

A gal that I work with asked me if I could make a card for one of her friends that is having a baby girl. She had mentioned that she found this really cute dress for the baby. Now what baby girl dresses aren't cute?!

On that theme, I decided to make this card:



She said the dress was pink, so I used some retiring Pink Pirouette card stock and ink. I had gotten a lot of inspiration from Splitcoast stampers and decided to just try and make my own pattern which I did.

This is a standard size card - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I cut the card stock at 4 1/4 x 11 so the fold is on the shoulders.

Scallop circle punch and the 1 1/4 circle punch for the neck hole. I stamped the little flower (from Season of Friendship - Holiday mini catalog) all over the bottom of the dress in Pink Pirouette and stamped the sentiment from Short & Sweet in Basic Gray. Then I ran the bottom of the dress through the BigShot using the small dotted texturz plate. I tied a piece of White Organza ribbon around it and LOVE how this turned out. She loved it also.

If you would like to learn how to make this and other cards seen on here, please feel free contact me and I would love to show you.

The new Stampin'Up! year is almost upon us and items are dissappearing quickly from the retiring catalog. Have you gotten what you've wanted for awhile before they are all gone forever?!!!! Order online today - www.sheryldreyer.stampinup.net

No comments: