Thursday, January 28, 2010

Scallop Square die purse

This is all the rage at Stampin'Up! right now - quilting! In fact, my second level up line, Jill Olsen, won the Bright Idea award at Leadership this year for her quilting and quilts. But it's not just the quilting part of it, it's using the Bigshot and dies to cut all the pieces for the quilts.

Well I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle a quilt just yet, so I started with a small purse. This purse, besides the handles, is made by cutting all the pieces out with Stampin'Up! exclusive Scallop Square clear bigz die - 28 in all. And it only took me about 10 minutes to cut all the squares because I could cut 3 pieces of fleece at the same time! In all this purse only took me just over an hour to make.

I had a bag of fleece in my stash, so I decided to try it and I love how it turned out. It's bright yellow on the inside. I will be giving this to my daughter after I show everyone. I made hers smaller, only 4 squares for the panels, but I plan on making one for myself using cotton material and 6 squares. As a matter of fact, my friend Jackie is coming over tomorrow and we will be sewing together to make ourselves each one. So watch for those this weekend.

If you would like to try and make one of these, let me know, I would love to show you how.

No comments: