Tuesday, May 24, 2011

There she is!!!!

I know, I've been a lot MIA lately. It's just been so busy.

Well I did have to stamp yesterday because I had stamp club and as of yesterday morning I really didn't know what we were going to do. But I pulled it off and we had a great time last night.

Here is the first project we did. I did copy this from a fellow demonstrator, Connie B. I wanted to show some of the new product in the Summer mini catalog, which by the way can be found in the left column of my blog.

This card uses one of the new fabulous punches called Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch. It's 3 punches in 1!!!!

I started with a Soft Suede base of 8x9 to make a larger card of 4x9, which will fit in a #10 envelope. I then ran a piece of River Rock through the bigshot using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and rounded the corners. The flowers are punched with Daffodil Delight with a Soft Suede center, punched from the Boho Blossoms punch and Whisper White. I sniped the Daffodil flowers to give them a little dimension. The leaves are punched with the Bird punch and the stems are just cut from Always Artichoke. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched with the small oval punch.

This is not a card you would want to make a lot of, but the result is beautiful!

The second card we did was doing a technique - crayon resist. We also used a couple of new stamp sets - Flower Fest and Happy Greetings.

We started with a Wild Wasabi card base and layered it with Glossy White cardstock. Using the Flower Fest stamp set, we stamped in Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi and Melon Mambo. Once that dried we took a white crayon and make marks where we wanted the cardstock to show through. We then took sponge daubers and sponged ink over the images. Then we took a tissue and wiped off the access ink and crayon to reveal where the crayon marks were.

We stamped the butterfly in Melon Mambo and to Melon Mambo cardstock and punched it with the butterfly punch. That's what's great about this stamp set, it coordinates with so many of Stampin'Up! punches.

For the sentiment we used Melon Mambo again and stamped on Whisper White cardstock and punched using the Decorative Label punch. We punched another using Melon Mambo, which we cut in half and layered under the sentiment.

I hope you find some inspiration with these cards and I hope to post more often.

No comments: