Friday, June 10, 2011

Retiring Teacher gift

My daughters teacher is retiring after 38 years! WOW!! That's a long time. So my daughter helped me pick something out to make for her. We made a journal using My Digital Studio and a cute little 'basket' that has a card and a pack of seeds in. She can plant the seeds to give her something to do this summer. At least what my daughter says! I'm sure she has something else planned for her time off now!

Here is the basket I made:

The basket is made using the #2 box die for the bigshot. The flowers are made using the Fun Flowers die. I only used the smallest flower from the die. I did use some retired micro beads for the center of each flower. I tried to make each flower look like Cosmos, which was the seed packet.

The leaves are punched from the Bird Builder punch. The card is just a 3x3 card made from Daffodil Delight cardstock and all I did to the card was run it through the bigshot with the Flower Garden embossing folder. Love how it turned out. So simple. Here is a picture of everything out of the basket:

Cardstock used is:

Daffodil Delight
Tangerine Tango
Real Red
Whisper White
Certainly Celery

No comments: