Tuesday, August 2, 2011
I started creating something for my stamp club this month and it evolved into this. I started with a picture frame that I had picked up and thought I would make something for home decor. Using the Creative Elements stamp set, this is my first creation.
I cut a piece of Basic Black card stock to fit inside the frame to start with. I then cut a piece of designer series paper and a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock with the Top Note die. Wow, I haven't used that die in a while! Anyway, I cut the edge off the DSP to reveal the card stock behind it. I stamped the swirly/stem image on the DSP in Lucky Limeade and then colored in parts of it using ink and the blender pen. It's very hard to see though.
I then stamped the flower image 4 times on Very Vanilla card stock using Cherry Cobbler and cut out by hand 2 all the way around the outside and 2 just the inside part, so I could 'pop' up the flowers and make them look more 3 dimensional.
The sentiment is part of this wonderful set too. I stamped that in Perfect Plum, a color I haven't used in a long while, and punched it out using the Modern Label punch.
I then gathered a piece of Very Vanilla seam binding to fit under the punched piece which I attached using Tombow Multi-purpose adhesive. I added some of the Basic Pearls to that and attached the whole thing with dimensionals.
Well here's the real kicker, this is attached to the black piece of card stock with velcro:
Come back tomorrow and I'll show you why!!!