Friday, August 5, 2011

Framed Art - Day 3

Like yesterday and the day before, here is another piece that can be used in my frame set up with velcro:

Here it is in the frame:

This one uses new Designer Series Paper called Beau Chateau which is Pink Pirouette and Soft Suede colors. So I went with a Soft Suede piece along with the DSP for the Top Note, trimming the DSP around the edge to reveal the piece underneath.

The butterflies are cut from an embosslit die called Beautiful Wings. It cuts all the butterflies you see here at once. The colors I used are Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Soft Suede, Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight and then added some Basic Pearls to each one.

The ribbon is White Taffeta and the sentiment is punched used the Decorative Label punch. To get the 'shadow' behind the punch, I just punched a piece of Soft Suede and cut it in half and adhered to the back. The sentiment comes from the stamp set Cottage Garden.

I hope you've enjoyed this little piece of artwork as much as I have. If you have any questions on how I did something, please feel free to ask!

No comments: