Friday, March 28, 2008

Beate's WSC41

Every Friday, Beate Johns hosts a Weekend Sketch Challege. If you click on her name you will see the sketch and you can check out her blog while you're there.

Well my DH's birthday is coming up and I have been soooo bad at getting cards out to people, that I thought I would make one for him using this sketch. Because he is a hunter and this buck looks alot like one we have hanging on the wall that was shot right behind our house, I thought the Nobel Deer set would be perfect. I know I can post this card on my blog, because he never looks here. LOL

Here is what I came up with:



It is fairly simple, but he is a simple guy and it doesn't feel right putting ribbon on a guy card.

Anyway here are the supplies I used:

Nobel Deer stamp set
Really Rust card stock
Basic Black card stock
Very Vanilla card stock
Old Olive DSP
Basic Black ink pad
Old Olive marker
Bordering Blue marker
Really Rust marker & ink pad
Creamy Caramel marker
Sponges
Crop-a-dile
Paper Piercing template
Corner Rounder
Dimensionals


I colored the deer stamp with markers to get each part a different color and colored in the deer using a blender pen and reinker. I sponged around each image using Really Rust ink. I also sponged the edges of the Old Olive DSP with Old Olive ink to give it a more rustic look.

All the images and the card front itself are corner rounded on the right side only.

Hope he likes it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love your dry embossed dots.
Hugs and smiles