Sunday, March 30, 2008

Calendar Clipboard



At Spring Seminar this year we did a little bit different make-n-take. This is something that us as demonstrators could use for a class or stamp camp. It was a lot of fun to make and it didn't take too long either.

This is the 9" x 9" chipboard clipboard from StampinUp!. We used either Blue Bayou and Certainly Celery DSP as shown, or the other combination colors were Rose Red and Groovy Guave DSP. We also received coordinating pieces of card stock and ribbon.

We learned how to use the Key tag punch to punch the opening for the 'clip' and fit it on the clipboard.

We used our crop-a-diles to fit the jumbo brads on. The Calendar stamp set, the Full Calendar stamp set and the Holiday Blitz stamp sets were all used. Everything was stamped on Whisper White card stock.

We could take it home and embellish it more which is what I did. I used a big flower from the Pretties Kit and 'dotted' it with the Brocade Blue marker (the closest color to Blue Bayou). I used a chipboard flower and covered it with some polka dotted Blue Bayou DSP. I put a large half pearl from the Pretties Kit on a build-a-brad and hooked everything together and adhered it to the bottom of the clipboard.

On the other side I used a rub-on on Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the Large oval punch and glued it inside of a large oval piece from the Hodgepodge kit. The flower adhered to the side of the hodgepodge piece is also from the Pretties Kit. The 'leaves' is a flower that I cut two of the petals off of and colored it with my Certainly Celery marker. The smaller flower I colored by setting it on the Blue Bayou ink pad and dripping Blue Bayou reinker on it. Well it turned out too dark, so I then placed it in between a folded baby wipe to take some of the color out of it. I used a small half pearl from the Pretties Kit on top. It is all adhered together using the Tombow Multi Purpose glue. It took a while to dry but was worth it.

I plan on laminating the calendars so it can be used as a perpetual calendar over and over again.

I really liked the project and would love to offer this as a class.

Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping.

No comments: