Friday, March 7, 2008

Tic Tac Toe Halloween style

I know, you're saying Halloween already. But I've already started getting ready for crafts shows in the fall, and I have to talk about craft shows at a seminar next weekend with another demonstrator friend, so I needed to start earlier than normal this year.

Well I found this adorable tic tac toe board in the dollar spot at Target the other day and thought that it would be fairly easy to alter.



The board itself is painted pumpkin and red, so I thought why not Halloween. The game pieces looked about the same size as the StampinUp 1 3/8" circle punch, so I thought I could cover them up pretty easy.

Well this is what I came up with:



Isn't it cute! All materials are StampinUp, but the designer series paper and the stamp set are retired. Why not use up my retired product, right.

Before I adhered the designer series paper to the board, I measured the squares and cut out pieces of Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I then adhered the designer series paper to the board using the anywhere glue stick. That stuff works great! I used the sanding block on the edges to give it a nice finished look.

I then adhered the squares just using snail adhesive trying to center them as much as I could.

The game pieces did measure 1 3/8". So using the retired stamp set 'Bitty Boos Too' I stamped the pumpkins in Pumpkin Pie ink and the bats in Basic Black ink and punched out all of them with the 1 1/4" circle punch. I then punched out pieces of coordinating cardstock using the 1 3/8" circle punch and adhered to the back of each piece. I used the anywhere glue stick on these also. I did finish those off by sanding around the edges.

What do you think? Maybe next time I may put thin magnets under the square pieces and on the bottom of the game pieces to make it easier for traveling.

Watch for more to come. Thanks for looking today! And your comments are always welcome.

No comments: