Monday, March 29, 2010

Fancy Favor box and flower

Here's a flower I made using strips of very old retired designer series paper and the eyelet border punch. I used the retired paper because I wasn't sure how these would turn out and didn't want to waste current paper. Anyway, you cut two strips of paper 1 1/4" x 11" and punch the border design. Now you could use any border punch, I just choose this one because the instructions I was watching to learn how to make this flower showed this one.

After each piece is punched, run them through the crimper a couple of times to soften the paper fibers. Then I took a piece of sticky cut sheet and ran it through the bigshot using the circles die and cut a small circle about 1 3/4" in size. This is what I started winding my strips of paper on to make the flower.

You know what, it's easier if you just watch the video on how to make these from Barb Mulliken. She is a fellow demonstrator and she shows some cute samples.

Here's a close up picture of the flower. Go ahead and try one, they are easy and fun to make.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Hi Sheryl,
Love the flower!! to cute, I see you are close to me, I live in Byron Center :) so i am going to check out your events calendar, I used to be a demonstrator too and consider going back to it, I do love it!! <3 thanks for sharing. Hugs and Blessings, Renee