Monday, May 3, 2010

Quilting with the Bigshot

Hi everyone, I'm back from my cruise in the Southern Caribbean and ready to get back into it. Over the next week I will be posting 'squares' that I have made using the bigshot to make a quilt. At the end of the week I will show you the completed quilt.

It's amazing what you can do with the bigshot. Using the bigz dies, you can cut at least 50 different materials including fabric.


For this square, I used the exclusive Stampin'Up! Clear Scallop Square and Butterflies bigz dies. The squares I cut in half. This is a 12 x 12 square that the pieces are stitched on. I stitched the 12 x 12 square together with batting in the middle first, then stitched the die cut pieces all the way through so I can see the stitching on the back. So when the quilt is completely put together the back is cool with all the stitching showing.

Come back tomorrow for another 'square' which may not even be square :-).

No comments: